Friday, 27 December 2013

blog your heart out

I was recently nominated for a Blog your heart out award by the inspirational lady behind blogs Twinlifeonline and Let Kids Be Kids

The rules are simple, answer five questions, nominate five more blogs to continue the 'meme' and learn a bit more about the person behind the blog. Here's how I answered the questions...


What/who encouraged you to start blogging?
Pinterest! I had hardly ever come across blogs until I joined Pinterest and then I kept finding the most amazing posts and started following a few bloggers. The blogs I followed inspired me to start my own and I quickly caught the bug.

How did you choose what topics to blog about?
When I started this blog it was focused around a rediscovery of my creative self and it kind of evolved from there. I just blog about what I know and love. I am however planning to increase the creative content next year.

What is something most people don't know about you?
I spent the years between college and becoming a mum working in residential homes for the elderly, firstly as a Care Assistant and then as an Activities Co-ordinator.

What 3 words describe your style?
Creative, optimistic and eclectic.

What do you like to do when your not blogging?
On an average day and when I'm not doing bits with William, I like to read, paint and have a cup of tea.



My nominations are based on the blogs I can guarantee, for whatever reason, to click on when a new post appears.

All very different... I love the individuality of these blogs, the obvious passion for their chosen topics and the strong sense of identity which each blogger seems to get across in their posts.

My Scandinavian Home
this little house
Molly Frances
Jennie and Husband
Miss Foodwise

2 comments:

  1. thank you so much, debra! i'm honoured to be on your list, and will be sure to get round to this, and take a look at the other blogs on the list too.
    hope you had a lovely christmas, looks like you did an amazing job just the two of you.
    happy new year, looking forward to your blogging in 2014 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Claire, we did our best and means Christmas 2014 will be extra extra special.

      Happy Hogmanay by the way, hope your revelries are very merry ;)

      Delete