Thursday, 5 December 2013

it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas




I've got a slight love/hate relationship going on with my Christmas Tree. I love it because it is the first tree we bought when we first moved into our house, she has lasted well and has only just started to loose pieces of her foliage. I also love her size but this too is a cause of annoyance; I have finally had enough of blocking a door off in the lounge every year.

I think it's time to downsize.

I was so tempted to buy a real one this year, I even took William to have a look at some but I got cold feet and decided to give her one last airing. She won't however be heading for the attic when Christmas is through. No more squeezing all those removable branches back into that box for me.

William was let loose with the decorating, I think I must have waited until he was in bed last year. I must admit, there was some readjustments made but I've not been picky about it... I just moved the majority of baubles from the one spot William had chosen and distributed them across the tree. I don't think he minds.

I thought William would have grown out of touching everything on the Christmas Tree. How wrong could I be! The lights have been flicked on and off more times than I could count. Hopefully he will get it out off his system by the end of the day.

I'm yet to decide if I feel Christmassy yet. I've been super organised with presents and card buying but I caught myself thinking about 2014 yesterday! It's going to be a strange festive season with Andy being away but I know it will be magical because William is 3 and excited and innocent. Plus we are going to stop with Mum & Dad so no washing up for me...

...yeah right, as if I would ever get away with that.

Anyway... a great big massive Merry Christmas to everybody. Mince pie anyone? x


10 comments:

  1. Awwww looking very Christmassy :)... Im also not feeling the Christmas sparkle this year, ive still got presents to buy Blurghhh... ahhh the joys!... ooo Mince Pie YUMMMM #pocolo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've done most of my present buying via the internet this year. There seems to be a lot of people struggling with their Christmas sparkle this year. I hope we all find it soon, only 14 more sleeps :)

      Delete
  2. What a gorgeous post - boy and dog look like the best of friends :) I love that Father Christmas you have too. Thank you for linking to PoCoLo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! They certainly do love each other and my Father Christmas is my favourite decoration by far, he's gorgeous right? Even if I do say so myself. He's a few years old now but I think he was from House of Fraser :)

      Delete
  3. Lovely post. Love the picture of William and dog, xmas hat on, gorgeous!
    Thanks for linking #LetKidsBeKids

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very Christmassy - I try not to be too OCD about the tree. Children like to be involved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your right, I kind of like the just thrown together look :)

      Delete
  5. It all looks very festive, and you have now got me wanting a mince pie! Hope you have a great time and enjoy the magic with William x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thank you and the same to you too.

      Delete